Contact Now For Expert Assistance
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a government body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare that monitors and governs the food business in India. All Food Business Operators in India involved in the manufacturing, packing, processing, storage, distribution and sale of food and consumable products must compulsorily be registered or licensed with FSSAI. FSSAI Registration aims to restrict food adulteration and sub-standard products by quality checks. FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
Role of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
The main role of FSSAI is to regulate and monitor, manufacture, processing, distribution, sale and import of food while ensuring safe and wholesome food to the consumers. FSSAI performs the following main functions:
- Prescribing the Standards and Guidelines in relation to food and specified appropriate system for enforcement.
- Specifying limits of additives, contaminants, pesticides & veterinary drug residues, heavy metals, processing aids, mycotoxins, antibiotics and pharmacological active substances and irradiated foods.
- Lay down food labelling standards including claims on health, nutrition, special dietary uses and food category system for foods.
- Lay down methods of sampling, analysis and exchange of information among enforcement agencies prescribing procedures and guidelines for accreditation of certification bodies and laboratories.
- Taking up, summarizing and analysing relevant scientific and technical data on incidence and prevalence of biological or emerging risk, residues of various contaminants, introduction of rapid alert system among others.
- Prescribing the procedures, and the enforcement of quality control in relation to any imported article of food in to India.
- Creating an information network across the country to disseminate rapid reliable and objective information about food safety and issues of concern.
- Providing training programs for persons who are involved or intent to get involved in food business.
Promoting general awareness about food safety and standards and promoting coordination of work on food standards undertaken by International governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Types of FSSAI Registration and Licenses
Every petty Food Business Operator shall register themselves with FSSAI. Basic registration is required by Petty Food Business Operators who himself manufactures or sells any article of food or a petty retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor or a temporary stall holder or small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business or tiny food business operator having annual turnover upto Rs. 12 Lacs. All food businesses exceeding this annual turnover limit of Rs 12 lakhs per year require a FSSAI License. The basic registration is usually granted by the FSSAI Department within 7 days.
FSSAI State licence is required by medium sized Food Business Operators conducting business in a single state having an annual turnover of more than Rs 12 Lakhs and Less than Rs 20 Crores. The FSSAI State License is usually granted by the FSSAI Department within 45-60 days and the government fees varies between Rs 2000 to Rs 5000 per year.
FSSAI Central licence is required by Food Business Operators conducting business in two or more states having an annual turnover of more than Rs 20 Crores. The FSSAI Central License is usually granted by the FSSAI Department within 45-60 days and the government fee is Rs. 7500 per year.
How We Work
Consult Our Experts
Once you fill in the above details, our expert will call you to understand your requirements in a better way and to brief you about the entire registration process and suggest you the course of action. Upon confirmation of our engagement by you, we will dedicate you a relationship manager who will take care of all your needs.
Send Documents Via Email
We at The Consultant Guru, work towards minimizing the hassles of the client, keeping this moto in mind our executives will give you a single check list of documents needed so that we don’t bother you time and again for documents. In case you are short of a few documents, our consultants help you to provide us the maximum possible alternative documents.
Payments & Filings
We believe in the moto of “Pay as we work”. This requires you pay us step by step in 2 tranches instead of giving the whole sum in one shot. The Consultant Guru facilitate payments through secure online payment gateway. After successfully providing the set of documents and partial payment, our experts will start working and provide with regular updates. You will only be required to pay the final sum upon receiving the Certificate of Registration.
THE CONSULTANT GURU
The Consultant Guru is a web portal owned and managed by Amrit Pal Singh & Co.
Phone: 8178985151, 8287569721